New York Probate & Estate Administration Lawyer
Lost a Loved One and Need a New York Probate Attorney That Can Help You Settle the Estate Efficiently and Lift the Stress and Burden of a Complex and Intimidating Process From Your Shoulders?
Why Choose Sheryll Law?
- Schedule a Consultation – We offer consultations to walk you through your needs, the scope of your goals, and your budget
- Proactive Approach – We help clients to prevent legal problems and mistakes before they happen.
- Efficient – Our approach is to be fast, efficient and not complicate cases.
- Client Education Focused – You’ll get clear and concise understanding of each step of the process.
- Highly Rated & Reviewed – 5-star reviews on Google & Facebook. See some of our client reviews below.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Proven Track Record – We’ve helped hundreds of families like you with probate and settle the estate efficiently and with the least stress possible.
- Personalized Attention – We respect and understand that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all our clients with the attention they deserve.
- Flexible Meeting Times – To accommodate your busy schedule.
- Where We Serve You – Our office is in Riverhead and we are physically meeting with clients in our office as well as doing consultations by phone or virtually. We also help create Estate Plans throughout New York State.
- 2nd Opinions & Plan Updates Available – Already have a lawyer? We can provide you with a 2nd opinion (and peace of mind).
- Payment Options Available To Suit Your Needs – We accept all major credit cards and offer convenient payment plans & financing.
Nothing is more difficult than losing a loved one. Immediately afterwards, no worse time exists to navigate the legal, financial, and tax complexities of probate and estate administration. We understand and know how emotional and stressful this can be. We help you honor your loved one’s wishes and settle their estate properly and efficiently.
Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Or Request A Consultation
Call (631) 506-8440 or fill out the short form below. We will usually respond within 1 business day but often do so the same day. Don’t hesitate, your questions are welcome.
Why Clients Hire Us for Probate and Why You Should Consider Hiring an Attorney:
If You Don’t Know the Laws or Paperwork
Probate laws and even the forms are written in a detailed and hard to understand language. Many things in probate are not intuitive that must be achieved in a certain order. Failure to properly and timely accomplish tasks could cause you to be personally liable, or at minimum cause delays.
Avoid or Minimize Family Disputes
Family members may simply disagree on how to handle inherited property. When a lawyer is involved, these issues are often minimized or avoided altogether.
As your Attorney we help protect the Executor from personal liability for paying debts and taxes of the deceased.
Allows You to Focus on Your Family and Job
If you have little free time, then getting help from a law firm saves you time.
Reduce Your Stress
Why guess or hope you are not doing things incorrectly? We know the process and we many times carry the burden, so you do not have to worry throughout the process.
Your Reputation Can Be at Stake
If you were named the executor, you have a duty to act in the best interest of the estate and heirs. If you fail in your duty, don’t pay taxes when due, or fail to keep heirs informed you can be personally liable. An attorney ensures you do things properly.
Savings and Speed
Minimizes court supervision of executor and saves money by reducing or eliminating amounts deceased owes creditors. Expedites sale of real and personal property and saves legal fees for court to confirm sale.
When Estate Assets are Complicated
Certain assets like real estate, art, or a business can create complications or additional steps like appraisals, protecting, and insuring. We’ve handled many of these situations to help maximize what the heirs receive
Nothing is more difficult than losing a loved one. Immediately afterwards, no worse time exists to navigate the legal, financial, and tax complexities of probate and estate administration. We understand and know how emotional and stressful this can be. We help you honor your loved one’s wishes and settle their estates properly and efficiently.
Real Client Reviews - Sheryll Law
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience:
"my needs were heard, creative ideas were shared and I felt like family with their sincere advice", "we have used Jay for 3 different legal transactions and highly recommend him", "responsive, professional and easy to work with", "handles all your legal needs in a timely and efficient manner", "thorough and knowledgeable and the entire staff is very personable", "excellent and honest", "well versed in legal issues, user friendly, professional", "easily accessible, thorough, professional and helpful", "made time to answer our questions in a clear and concise manner", "the staff at Sheryll law are fantastic from start to finish"
If these things are what you are looking for in a Law Firm, then contact us to see if we are right for your situation and how we can help you and your family.
What To Do Now
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation to help you move forward and achieve the peace of mind that comes with having everything done properly and efficiently. Call our law office (631) 506-8440 with questions, a description of your situation to see if we can assist or to schedule a consultation. Or you may simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office and you can expect a reply within 1 business day and often within hours the same day. All information you share is confidential.