New York Medicaid Planning Lawyer
Are You or a Loved One Getting Older in Long Island And Looking To Preserve Assets To Avoid Being Wiped Out By Astronomical Health Care Costs And Want To Explore Your Life Planning Options?
Services We Provide
Alzheimer’s / Dementia Care Planning
Nursing Home or Assisted Living Care Planning
In-Home Care Planning
Other Long Term Care Planning
Why Plan NOW (and not tomorrow):
- Gives you time to find alternatives to pay for care, so you can preserve hard‐earned assets
- Allows you to keep all or most of your assets, rather than making avoidable payments for care
- To leave your loved ones what you’ve worked a lifetime for
- Makes the most of Medicaid’s safe harbor provisions
- Medicaid eligibility is very complex and the rules change frequently. Even simple errors can result in a denial of benefits. We can take care of this for you.
- Ensure you have control over your future care and certain other decisions
Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Or Request A Consultation
Call (631) 506-8440 or fill out the short form below. We will usually respond within 1 business day but often do so the same day. Don’t hesitate, your questions are welcome.
Why Choose Sheryll Law To Help You With Medicaid Planning?
- Schedule a Consultation – We offer consultations to walk you through your needs, the scope of your goals, and your budget
- Proactive Approach – We help clients to prevent legal problems and mistakes before they happen.
- Efficient – Our approach is to be fast, efficient and not complicate cases.
- Client Education Focused – You’ll get clear and concise understanding of each step of the process.
- Highly Rated & Reviewed – 5-star reviews on Google & Facebook. See some of our client reviews below.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves in fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Proven Track Record – We’ve helped hundreds of families like you with probate and settle the estate efficiently and with the least stress possible.
- Personalized Attention – We respect and understand that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all our clients with the attention they deserve.
- Flexible Meeting Times – To accommodate your busy schedule.
- Where We Serve You – Our office is in Riverhead and we are physically meeting with clients in our office as well as doing consultations by phone or virtually. We also help create Estate Plans throughout New York State.
- 2nd Opinions & Plan Updates Available – Already have a lawyer? We can provide you with a 2nd opinion (and peace of mind).
- Payment Options Available To Suit Your Needs – We accept all major credit cards and offer convenient payment plans & financing.
Nothing is more difficult than losing a loved one. Immediately afterwards, no worse time exists to navigate the legal, financial, and tax complexities of probate and estate administration. We understand and know how emotional and stressful this can be. We help you honor your loved one’s wishes and settle their estate properly and efficiently.
About Life Planning And Medicaid In New York
Life planning encompasses many aspects of one’s life as they move into the “2nd half” of their lifetime. Much of the focus ends up being financial and health care related and includes Medicaid eligibility and planning, alzheimers / dementia, in-home care, nursing or assisted living homes, hospice and other long term care. For business owners it typically includes a plan for whether the business will be passed onto the next generation or sold. Those with significant assets can plan to avoid or minimize estate taxes while protecting their assets through the right trust(s).
Medicaid offers more comprehensive long‐term care coverage than the Medicare program, and because long‐term care costs are so high, many middle class seniors rely on Medicaid to pay for their care. A common misconception about Medicaid is that you have to impoverish yourself and your family completely before you can qualify for long‐term care coverage. This is simply not true.
When Should You Plan
There are 2 categories for Medicaid Planning. They are crisis planning and pre‐need planning.
This is for people who are facing an imminent need for long‐term care of some kind whether it be alzheimers, nursing home, hospice or other care. Because of the intensive nature of legal work involved, this type of planning tends to be more expensive than pre‐need planning.
Pre-Need Medicaid Planning
The best way to plan for long‐term care is to do so well before the need arises. By beginning early enough, it allows you to take advantage of the five year look‐back period among other benefits.
Real Client Reviews - Sheryll Law
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience:
"my needs were heard, creative ideas were shared and I felt like family with their sincere advice", "we have used Jay for 3 different legal transactions and highly recommend him", "responsive, professional and easy to work with", "handles all your legal needs in a timely and efficient manner", "thorough and knowledgeable and the entire staff is very personable", "excellent and honest", "well versed in legal issues, user friendly, professional", "easily accessible, thorough, professional and helpful", "made time to answer our questions in a clear and concise manner", "the staff at Sheryll law are fantastic from start to finish"
If these things are what you are looking for in a Law Firm, then contact us to see if we are right for your situation and how we can help you and your family.
What To Do Now
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation to help you move forward and achieve the peace of mind that comes with having everything done properly and efficiently. Call our law office (631) 506-8440 with questions, a description of your situation to see if we can assist or to schedule a consultation. Or you may simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office and you can expect a reply within 1 business day and often within hours the same day. All information you share is confidential.